Job Description: Pilobolus Assistant to Co-Executive Director
Founded in 1971, Pilobolus has built an international following on its commitment to the human body as the ultimate medium of expression and the collective mind as its ultimate architect. With offices in Washington Depot, Connecticut and New York City, in recent years Pilobolus has expanded from avant garde dance troupe into an entertainment company involved in the creation and distribution of dance, live performances, advertising, publishing, film, and music videos throughout the world (the company was nominated in 2012 for a Grammy® for the OK Go video ?All is Not Lost?), without ever losing sight of their core mission: to make art that builds community. See bottom of page for links to company video snapshots.
Pilobolus is seeking an intelligent, energetic, good-humored and motivated Administrative Assistant to plan, organize and direct day-to-day administrative operations of the Co-Executive Director?s office, in addition to acting as the main contact for the organization?s donors.
- Managing the Co-ED?s calendar, arranging meetings and phone calls
- Drafting letter and email correspondence on behalf of the Co-ED
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of email, phone calls, and other correspondence
- Coordinating travel arrangements and preparing expense reports for the Co-ED
- Coordinating board meetings, including preparation of meeting minutes, packets and correspondence
- Managing board lists, contact information and reports
- Maintaining and updating files and archives
- Coordinating hospitality events, including receptions, dinners, tours, etc.
- Conducting research as appropriate to projects or initiatives within the Co-ED?s office
- Attending various company programs, such as previews and special events, at times in evenings or on weekends
- Serving as main contact for donors, Board members and VIP contacts
- Providing customer service to donors and Board members, including ticket reservations and event RSVPs
- Performing other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor?s degree in liberal arts or business administration
- Experience in a position with responsibility for direct support of a Manager, Administrator or Executive Director
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone
- High level of proficiency and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Drive
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and responsibility
- Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities and work well under pressure; Excellent time management, problem solving and analytical skills; Ability to complete multiple projects successfully
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent proofreading skills with continual attention to detail in all aspects of the job
Pilobolus Dance Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
New York City-based.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please send cover letter that clearly states relevant experience as well as your interest in the position and the organization, and resume, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ?Assistant to the Co-Executive Director ? [FIRST AND LAST NAME]? in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Position available immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Pilobolus Video Snapshots:
Upcoming Penn & Teller collaboration teaser: http://youtu.be/kkz_PVa8neM
2013 rep: http://youtu.be/OpUMNyACkuE
Pilobolus Creative Services: http://youtu.be/YZCMb7IQj5U
Educational Programming: http://youtu.be/CO_GXymJJlA