Pilobolus Dance Theatre seeks Database & Media Manager
Pilobolus Dance Theatre seeks a Database & Media Manager to oversee donor and marketing databases as well as perform basic media editing. This position would be ideal for a candidate with database experience who has a basic knowledge of video and photo editing.
Founded in 1971, Pilobolus has built an international following on its commitment to the human body as the ultimate medium of expression and the collective mind as its ultimate architect. In recent years Pilobolus has expanded from avant grade dance troupe into an entertainment company involved in the creation and distribution of dance, live performances, advertising, publishing, film, and music videos (Pilobolus was nominated for a 2012 Grammy Award with the band OK Go for their work on the video, "All Is Not Lost", which has been seen
by over 10 million people worldwide) without ever losing sight of their core mission: to make art that builds community.
- Supervising and maintaining the company's databases in Salesforce, working with the marketing and development departments to ensure its accuracy, integrity, and utility
- Finding innovative ways to use the donor database and related modules to their full potential as tools to help Pilobolus meet its mission
- Processing all memberships and donor gifts in an expedient manner, ensuring timely acknowledgement and donor renewal letters
- Working with the Finance department to ensure full record integration and complete year-end donor summaries
- Importing and exporting data to and from the database from other departments and direct mail houses
- Integrating and tracking audience lists from Pilobolus's worldwide markets
- Working closely with the Development and Marketing departments and generating related reports
- Basic video editing (including video compression and encoding)
- Adding watermarks to new and existing videos
- Uploading videos to Pilobolus' Interdubs database and YouTube channel
- Maintaining video and photo libraries
- Sending photos and videos to presenters and the press and for sales purposes
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in database management and basic video editing
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Salesforce (or similar database system) preferred
- Basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7, Mpeg Streamclip, and Photoshop (or similar programs) preferred
- Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities and work well under pressure. Excellent time management, problem solving, and analytical skills. - - - - - Ability to complete multiple projects successfully
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary & Benefits
This is an entry-level, full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Pilobolus Dance Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please send cover letter that clearly states relevant experience for this position as well as your interest in the position and the organization, and your resume, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Database & Media Manager - your first and last name" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Please apply by Friday, November 9, 2012.