Pilobolus Dance Theatre seeks an Assistant to the Co-Executive Director to plan, organize and direct the day-to-day administrative operations of the Director's office in addition to acting as the day-to-day contact for the organization's donors.
Founded in 1971, Pilobolus has built an international following on its commitment to the human body as the ultimate medium of expression and the collective mind as its ultimate architect. In recent years Pilobolus has expanded from avant garde dance troupe into an entertainment company involved in the creation and distribution of dance, live performances, advertising, publishing, film, and music
videos (Pilobolus was nominated for a 2012 Grammy Award with the band OK Go for their work on the video, "All Is Not Lost", which has been seen by over 10 million people worldwide) without ever losing sight of their core mission: to make art that builds community.
- Managing the Co-ED's calendar, arranging meetings and phone calls
- Drafting correspondence- both letters and email- on behalf of the Co-ED
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of the Director's email, telephone calls, and other correspondence
- Coordinating travel arrangements and preparing expense reports for the Director
- Organizing meetings at the request of the Director, including weekly staff meetings
- Coordinating Board meetings, including preparing meeting minutes, packets, and correspondence
- Managing Board lists, contact information and reports, and maintains and updates Board and Pilobolus Dance Theatre files and archives.
- Coordinating Director-sponsored events including receptions, dinners, tours, and other hospitality as necessary.
- Conducting research as appropriate to projects or initiatives within the Director's Office
- Attending various Company programs, such as previews and special events
- Serving as the main point-of-contact for donors, Board members, and
VIP company contacts
- Providing customer service to donors and Board members (reserving
tickets, taking RSVP's, etc)
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts or business administration; or 2-3 years experience in non-profit fundraising
- Experience in a position with responsibility for direct support of a Manager, Administrator or Executive Officer
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone
- High-level of proficiency and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and be able to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion and responsibility
- Ability to assess and manage multiple competing priorities and work well under pressure. Excellent time management, problem solving, and analytical skills. Ability to complete multiple projects successfully
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Position requires continual attention to detail in all aspects of the Director's business as well as excellent proofreading skills
Pilobolus Dance Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Please send cover letter that clearly states relevant experience for this position as well as your interest in the position and the organization, and your resume, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Assistant to the Co-Executive Director - your first and last name" in the subject line. No phone calls please. Deadline for all applicants 8/31.