Pilobolus Technical Director job description:
Reports to the Production Director and Executive Director.
Must be an experienced, highly motivated problem solver with good organizational, IT, and people management skills to help run and oversee the technical aspects, production and touring needs of one of the world's leading dance-theater and movement companies.
Recent Pilobolus activity includes:
- 140 concert dance touring performances per year in Brazil, Holland, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Georgia, Armenia, Israel, and throughout the US (Kennedy Center, Joyce Theater, LA Music Center).
- Internationally distributed television commercials shot in Spain, US, Canada, South Africa, and more.
- Private, commissioned performances in US, UAE, Germany, Bermuda, Austria, South Africa, Spain.
- Several outdoor calendar photo shoots
- Educational programs in venues ranging from inner city schools to PAC?s
- Television: Late Night with Conan, Oscars, Oprah, Ellen, GMA, etc.
- Web: Webby nominated website;
Salary: based on experience
Benefits: Full health insurance and benefits package.
Start date: October 1, 2009
Candidates must be willing to work full time out of the Pilobolus main office, Washington Depot, CT.
Production and Tour management Responsible for coordinating and managing resources for a broad range of technical needs for multiple domestic and international touring companies, in collaboration with Pilobolus directors, designers, guest collaborators, and agent at all points of the creative process from initial conceptualization to final and ongoing realization of projects. Then responsible for communicating and coordinating these needs with presenters and producers. Projects range from concert dance to television commercials and live special appearances throughout the world.
Office IT Network, Video, Audio, and Project Management Responsible for supporting technical infrastructure of communication tools (both for administrative and creative purposes, both technological and non-technological, as well as regularly assessing if those tools are effective or adequate and if more
appropriate tools are available and should be implemented and planning deployment. Hands on rehearsal and freight support Responsible for hands on set-up and break-down of rehearsal studio, and freight arrivals and departures from studio storage (loading and unloading truck)
- have a basic familiarity with touring freight (both domestic and international), wardrobe, and costuming.
- proficiency and experience in:
- video projection equipment and software (Christie, Barco, Catalyst, Quicktime, and others),
- video editing (iMovie and Final Cut), and the various digital formats,
- stage lighting and associated paperwork (Vectorworks and Lightwright),
- audio hardware and software (Wave Lab),
- staging, carpentry, and rigging
- valid drivers license (comfortable driving small truck)
- minimum 5 years production management or technical director experience
- Ability to patiently manage across a broad range of personalities, skillfully up-manage, enjoy and grow from challenges of both technical and personal nature, and maintain composure in stressful situations all in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment.
Email inquiries and PDFs of resumes and references only. Send to email@example.com. Please put position title in subject line.